Pain is momentary, video is eternal.

Am I the only one (apart from my cousin Emma) who watches, and loves, The Dudesons? Well, since I'm assuming I am, I'll give you all a quick synopsis.

The premise of the show is that there are these four Finnish blokes who are massive wankers, live in the middle of whoop-whoop, and run around doing stupid things. Putting it simply it's Jackass, except Scandinavian.

Anyway, Emma and I totally fell in love with the show the first time we saw it. I think our inner bogan was attracted to the idea of throwing darts onto a dartboard painted onto someone's stomach. After the first series finished I was gutted. What was I meant to watch now? Then, a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled across the second series. My life had meaning again.

But I'm not rambling just because I like the show, oh no. I'm rambling because I'm totally and utterly in love with one particular 'Dudeson'. Jarno. IlovehimIlovehimIlovehim. Srsly.


So, this is Jarno. And while this, sadly, was the best picture I could find (but also the first shirtless one! HURRAH!) is does show how painfullycute he is. And this time I'm not just liking someone for their looks. He's also got smarts:

Jarno directed, shot and edited our first two Finnish TV-seasons in their entirety. After that he has had other people helping him out, because he doesn't have enough time to do everything himself - But he would like to! In the beginning Jarno also came up with the most stunts ideas, althought nowadays we plan most of them together. via TheDudesons.com

And one of the other reasons I adore him is his shaky grasp of English. Sometimes he gets his words muddled, or misses out on words like 'a' or 'the'. Occasionally, after he realises he's done this, he'll blush a little. SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

One of my favourite Jarno moments ever goes like this. One of his friends called Jarppi accidentally got splatters of paint on Jarno's car when they were trying to paint another friend hot pink (WTF?) when Jarno got a little pissed about this, Jarppi puts it down to 'collateral damage'. After trying to scrub the paint off his car (then looking at his bottle of turps questioningly and muttering "It doesn't come off..."), he decides to get some revenge by sealing up Jarppi's car with waterproofing stuff, and then filling it with water. But, because Jarno is a nice guy, he goes into Jarppi's room while he's sleeping, and wakes him up by screaming, "Jarppi, Jarppi! Something is wrong with your car!" Then he follows Jarppi outside and proceeds to piss himself laughing as he watches his friend try and open one of the doors using a crowbar.

See, that's totally something I would do. We're meant to be, right?

Anyway, back to the story. Jarppi figures out it was Jarno who ruined his car, so he chases him inside the house and begins to beat the shit out of him. The whole time Jarno is still laughing a totally adorable laugh ("Oooh-hee-hee-woo-hoo-heeeee!") and trying to cover his head. Then Jarppi and his two friends manhandle Jarno into a wardrobe, lock the door, and stick a large piano in front of the door. This is the point where Jarno says the cutest thing ever:

"You think this is good prank? I am not afraid of dark!"


He beats on the door, unaware that his friends have gone to destroy the one thing he loves (apart from his video camera) - his car. They tip it onto it's roof, wire it with explosives, and then, to add insult to injury, let Jarno out of the wardrobe (haha, so tempted to type closet) so get gets outside just in time to see his car being blown to pieces. Because he's really adorable and he loves his car, he tries to extinguish the flaming wreckage, pegs a fire extinguisher at Jarppi, and then goes inside to sulk, muttering, "I'm not sure I want to stay here anymore."

See? Totally cute. And what makes him even cooler, is, the bitch has facebook.

And that is why I love Jarno from The Dudesons. The end.

1 comment so far.

  1. savantiflag July 14, 2009
    I am yet to meet someone (female) that loves the Dudesons as much as I do...

    I even agree 1,000,000,000% that I love Jarno.

Something to say?