Today I saw Simon Pegg going for his morning jog...

Category: , , , , , , , By Caitlin
I'm sitting here on the couch, watching M*A*S*H on mute and playing The Go-Betweens from my laptop as loud as they can go. It's nice.
Anyway, this is a post of ideas from over the past week, that have all ended up in my notebook. I'll try and write them up in some kind of order...

Some people are just nice people, and do things for other people not for personal gain, but just because they like making other people happy. Not everyone is going to stab you in the back.

I looked across the room to where he sat, and, just for a moment, he looked unnervingly like Damon Albarn...

Do you believe that you can pick up habits from other people? For example, that if they bite their lower lip, you might start doing it subconsciously as well? Or if they add an extra syllable onto the end of a word, you might do it too? I dunno. It's hard to explain. I know I've picked up things from people. And from people I idolise. I do a little Jeffy laugh now. It's ace. XD

I had a dream the other day that I had a giant pet lizard who attacked people I didn't like and could wave and had a really good sense of humour.

Everyone's given up on school now, I think. Planning for an in class essay? Phht. They must be high or something, if they think we'll actually do that. Personally I much prefer plaing Go Fuck Your Mum or Spoons (well, Pens) for an hour. Same with Maths. I'd much rather just talk to friends for an hour (or even fall asleep under a table) than actally do work. There's only a few weeks left - effort is just too much, well, effort...

For some reason my Nanna is always really suspect of me after I get back from going out. I came back yesterday and the first thing she said to me as I got in the door was: Are you wearing lipstick? No, Nanna. I drank a slushie. See, my teeth are red as well. the second thing she asked, after she walked up to me and inspected my face, was: Are you wearing perfume? No, Nanna. I sprayed a heap of deoderant on myself before I left home because I slept in these clothes last night...

For some reason I think the best possible way to fail a test is to sit, stare out the window, listen to Swedish pop music and think about commenting one of your MySpace friends when you get home.

And all the following shall go under the sub-heading CHAPMAN FETE...
I went to the Chapman Fete yesterday. I was sitting in the carpark of the Chapman Shops waiting for Chiara and Sam, when I saw Alex Beaumont and some of his bogan friends egging year eights. My Mum and me made funny jokes about him being a prick while my ten and thirteen year old cousins just looked out the window. They don't understand our sense of humour...
Anyway, I met Chiara and Sam and we walked down to the primary school. We got there and I looked around, and god, I swear that there were more people from Stromhole there than there were from the actual primary school. Everywhere I looked I saw someone from Stromhole. I couldn't entirely work out whether it was a good thing or a bad thing...
So I brought five four books and a CD. A very cool book called The Nose, Ear And Throat. It's from the fifties. You'd love it, I'm sure...
And stalking people? Stalking people is the only reason I ever bother turning up to these stupid sociable type of things anyway... *rolls eyes*

I got back to my grandparents and me and my Nanna sat up in her room while we listened to Culture Club and I tried on her old dresses. It was cool. They're all really old and size twenty. Fucking ace. ^_^

Oh, and this morning we were sitting in McDonalds and guess who we saw? *raises eyebrow*

And that, I think, is a perfect note to end on...

0 comments so far.

Something to say?