RE: Lit. War and Peace

Category: , , , , , , , , By Caitlin
We were watching a video in Literature of War and Peace about World War One - it was just some basic overview thing - but it had heaps of old footage, so of course it was going really fast (why does that happen? Can someone please explain it to me?). And these people were marching really fast into battle, and a girl (Fake Rachel, if anyone cares) turns around to the guy sitting in front of me and goes, "Oh my god, you're such a wanker!"
It took me a few moments to realise that the guy (who I will call Earring Guy) was laughing at the fast marching. I smiled.
Then, later on, the narrator says, "They lay panting on the floors of the trenches, sticky and wet." (Or something like that. You know what my memory's like. But I do recall it being hilarious.) I giggle to myself, and I look at Earring Guy out of the corner of my eye, and he's pissing himself laughing. Hello, I think I've found a kindred spirit!

0 comments so far.

Something to say?