Good Bye Lenin!

By Caitlin
I just finished watching Good Bye Lenin!. I'd been wanting to see it for years and years now (I saw a poster for it in a classroom once, I think that's what started it) and finally it was on SBS last night. So I recorded it, and watched it this afternoon, and it was wonderful. I won't give anything away, but frankly, you should all go watch it. Srsly.

Oh, by the way, am I the only one who reckons that the main guy, Alex, looks like creepy-weird Alex from school who I hate?


Alexander Kerner: [voiceover] My mother outlived the GDR by three days. I believe it was a good thing she never learned the truth. She died happy. She wanted us to scatter her ashes to the winds. That's prohibited in Germany, both East and West. But we didn't care.

0 comments so far.

Something to say?