I'd hate you if I weren't so damn impressed...

Category: , , , , , By Caitlin
I love the seats they have at McDonalds. The ones where two seperate tables back onto each other. I was sitting in one of them the other day, and there was this little kid sitting in the other, and we were playing hidies. It was very cool. He's the kind of kid I like - too shy to speak, but quite happy to play stupid mindless games with strangers... Which, come to think of it, probably isn't a great thing for a kid of his age to be doing, but oh well...
Anyway, yeah. The kids Mum was in hospital or something, because she'd buggered up her leg. Which sucked, because his Dad looked like he wasn't used to looking after kids ("Look, sit down properly or I'll stick you in a baby chair!" or "Don't make me hit you again..."). He was cool though. I eavesdropped on his telephone conversation. They might've had to put his wife in a wheelchair for a while and put her on some uber strong meds. *pouts* But his father/father-in-law was helping him look after the kids, so that was nice.

Anywho, enough of me rabbiting on about other peoples lives. I haven't blogged properly for a while. It's just been stuff about shows and clips off YouTube. But I'll make up for it with this. I've been noting things in my notebook (which I suppose is what a notebook is for...) and I'll put them all here now, because otherwise I shan't and it'll be a shitty blog - which it will be anyway, but oh well...

I caught a bus the other day (you know this is a massive achievement for me, right?) and I finally realised something I've been noticing for ages. The bus driver wave. When two busses pass each other they always do the 'bus driver wave'. I actually quite like it. Camaraderie between bus drivers is always nice to see - except when they strike, because then it just gets annoying. But the wave is nice. Actually, it's The Wave, because all bus drivers do it. It's nice. It's reassuring...

I've also realised that most old people are pretty cool. It doesn't matter whether they're old and grumpy or have an ace sense of humour or what, they're cool. Like the other day, the doors to Myer wouldn't open for me (damn electroic slidey doors...) so I hid behind a pole and waited until someone came out from inside the store. Then the doors opened and I ran inside. I thought I'd been heaps stealth but this little old lady came up to me and said, "That was very good, young lady. Very (old-lady-version-of-the-word-smooth-that-I-can't-remember." And I was all ^_^, 1) because she had bothered to say anything about my stealth door entrance, and 2) because she actually realised I was a girl. Yes, I am satisfied by simple things.... XD

My Nanna was limping down the isle in Coles the other day, and I found myself going out in a sympathy limp.

Speaking of Coles, every time I go to help my Grandparents with the grocery shopping there are always these two guys re-stocking the yoghurt having funny conversations. I heard one a couple of weeks ago, and I heard one the other day.
Guy 1: I have so much self respect -
Guy 2: Go on go on. Finish that sentence.
Guy 1: I have so much self respect that when we were both drunk I didn't do anything.
I dunno. Maybe I'm the only person that finds that amusing. I think part of it's the fact that they were talking so loudly. XD

Unnh. I hate seeing people from school during the holidays... I was in KFC in Woden the other day, and I saw Chris and Beau. I dunno, people from school seem to have a system. I know I do. Whenever you see someone from school you know, but are not close friends with, you totally ignore them. It's like they don't even exist. Or, at least, me and a lot of the guys seem to work that way. The exception to the rule seems to be the time I was at McDonalds in the morning with Nanna and Da, and Owen, Sofia, Izza and Matt came and sat next to us. Me and Owen and Matt were all ignoring each other fine (they were reading the papers and I was reading Escape From Colditz) but as they were leaving there was this squeal and Izzi goes, "Look! It's Caitlin!" and we all had to do the awkward 'hi' thing. I fucking hate the awkward 'hi' thing...

For some reason my Nanna always seems to talk to pretties. It's irritating. She talks to anyone, and whenever we're out she seems to start up a conversation with a good looking man, and then when I get back to where she's sitting I always feel really awkward. It's like Nanna has this superpower where she can start talking to anyone, and they don't get suss. It's fucking irritating... I hope I can do it too when I'm older...

And yes. End of blog. Next blog: Dreams.

0 comments so far.

Something to say?